PI Adds 2,400+ Clients to Total Over 9,300; Delivers First-of-its-Kind Machine Learning Technology; Releases New Talent Optimization Certification; and Wins Five Prestigious Awards
BOSTON, December 8, 2021 — The Predictive Index (PI), talent optimization leader, today announced a 27% year-over-year increase in revenue in 2021. PI also added over 2,400 new clients (to total 9,300+ clients) and signed nearly 500 new consulting firms to its PI Certified Partner network (to total 1,200 firms). PI took home five prestigious awards—including four 2021 Best Workplace Awards—and delivered machine learning technology for the first time.
“With thousands more customers, hundreds more certified partners, a worldwide virtual conference, and a WSJ best-selling book, this year we saw talent optimization take hold in the market,” said CEO of The Predictive Index Mike Zani. “Talent optimization is changing the way people manage their talent, and they are experiencing great cultures, more retention, less financial loss, and simply creating a better world through better work. I look forward to even more momentum and opening up talent optimization to the world in 2022.”
2021 Highlights from The Predictive Index include:
Company Growth and DEI in Action
- PI Scales Exponentially: PI added 2,400+ new clients and 109 new employees in 2021. In addition to adding nearly 500 new partners, PI’s founding partners grew 18% in 2021. To continue building the PI platform for scale and to curate PI’s long-term vision and growth strategy, Drew Fortin was named Chief Growth Officer.
- DEI in Action: PI launched Change@Work, a program built around three core tenets: inclusion, transparency, and employee-led action. PI also welcomed Change@Work Project Manager Charkie Quarcoo to advance PI’s commitment to diverse hiring. PI is now ~27% POC, and six women were promoted to director and VP roles.
- PI Pro Bono: Committed to bringing talent optimization to the world, PI launched a beta program titled PI Pro Bono to provide qualifying non-profits, whose missions are focused on underrepresented/underserved communities, access to PI’s consultants at no cost.
- Recertification from the EFPA: For the second time, the PI behavioral assessment received recertification from the European Federation of Psychologist Associations (EFPA) ensuring the assessment’s scientific credibility around the world.
- Machine Learning and AI in PI Design: The Action Planner, a first-of-its-kind machine learning technology, provides clients with recommended actions to take based on their specific team type, size, function, and business strategy. Increased usage of the Action Planner drives recommendations that grow smarter and more personalized for users.
“Action planner recommendations function similarly to Amazon when a shopper is shown ‘frequently bought together’ recommendations on product pages,” said Jim Wang, Senior Engineer and Data Science Lead at The Predictive Index. “In the Action Planner, ‘frequently taken together items (FTTs)’ provide the actions other successful teams took to boost team performance. As more users select the most effective actions that helped their teams work better together, the suggested recommendations become smarter and more useful over time.”
Talent Optimization Proliferation
- Industry Leading Talent Optimization Conference Goes Virtual: PI hosted its first virtual OPTIMA conference for nearly 8,000 leaders around the world. Host of NPR’s “How I Built This” Guy Raz emceed the event, and keynotes included Patrick Lencioni, Baratunde Thurston, and Dara Treseder. Registration for OPTIMA22 on April 12-14, 2022 at the Sheraton Boston is now open. Register at www.optimaconference.com.
- New Interactive Talent Optimization Certifications: PI launched new interactive Talent Optimization Leader and Consultant Certifications that can be taken at any time and at any pace. The only talent optimization accreditation available today provides leaders with a modular, improved user experience. More than 3,200 people are certified.
- The Science of Dream Teams Debuts as WSJ Bestseller: McGraw Hill published The Science of Dream Teams by PI CEO Mike Zani in which he details a data-driven approach to talent optimization that makes hiring, motivating, and managing people more efficient and effective than ever to unlock an unbeatable competitive advantage.
- Workplace Culture & Best Place to Work Awards: PI won a Timmy Award for Best Tech Work Culture (large employer in Boston) in addition to 2021 Best Place to Work distinctions from The Boston Globe, Inc., and Built in Boston. Laser-focused on navigating a hybrid work culture, PI received high marks for providing an exceptional employee experience and people-first culture.
- Business Awards: PI was also named to the 2021 Inc. 5000 list for the fourth consecutive year.
PI also published two comprehensive reports in 2021 including the 2021 People Management Report, which revealed that amid The Great Resignation, manager burnout was causing employees to quit; and the 2021 State of Talent Optimization Report, which uncovered that companies practicing talent optimization were able to prevent major financial loss last year.
About The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index (PI) is an award-winning talent optimization platform that aligns business strategy with people strategy for optimal business results. Sixty years of proven science, software, and a robust curriculum of insightful management workshops make PI the solution for any company looking to design great teams and culture, make objective hiring decisions, and inspire greatness in their people anywhere in the world. More than 9,000 clients use PI—including AstraZeneca, Blue Cross Blue Shield, TD Bank, LVMH, and Omni Hotels—across 142+ countries. Learn more at https://fr.predictiveindex.com/.
Jennifer Moebius (she/her)
The Predictive Index